Hello, creative home makers!
This is my first post here at Pennies and Blessings! I’ll be here writing for the At Home column. I pray I can be of encouragement to you as you make your home and I hope we all become good friends!
As a professional organizer, I am excited that I get to share both my love of organizing with you today, as well as the tidy, frugal ideas that I use to simply keep my sanity in my own kitchen. Maybe you can use some of these solutions, too.
Here we go!
2. Store like items together in zones. A common space for small appliances makes their access handy and easy for your dishwasher-emptier to put the accessories that belong to each appliance with its mate.
3. Store your utensils out in the open, in an urn, crock or ceramic pitcher, so that they will be easier to find and to use and to be returned after being cleaned.
4. If you can afford to do so, buy matching storage containers, like these jars from Ikea, and label them.
5. Remove a few cabinet doors to have easy access to dishes. Contrary to what you might think, these dishes don’t get dirty simply because they are out in the open. They are frequently used and don’t sit still long enough to gather dust.
6. Use baskets INSIDE the refrigerator to group like items. They keep those science experiments out of the rear of the fridge, make the good foods easier to grab, and shelves stay cleaner longer.
7. Use an ordinary plate easel as a cookbook stand. It keeps your book open, clean, and in view while you are creating your newest culinary masterpiece.
8. Keep daily-use supplies handy and corralled. This is my coffee station, resting on a marble cutting board.
9. Keep only the best of your kitchen helpers. These are literally all of my casserole dishes and pie plates. I never need more than a few of these at a time.
10. If you notice a “theme” in my kitchen’s gadgets, it is that of white, glass and silver. A simple, complimentary color scheme brings unity and harmony to the space and is easy on the eyes. This is the easiest way to “organize”.
May you be blessed as you make your home!
For more ideas on home staging, organizing, or redesign, please come visit me at my place Goodbye, House! Hello, HOME!